hella

hella

Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Who Am I?

First of all, you're asking the wrong person. I am in no position to give an accurate estimation of my own identity/worth. I am incredibly biased in regards to my value as a person.
Also, have you considered that the question is incredibly flawed? What exactly do you think asking us who we think we are is going to do? This isn't the Breakfast Club. Call me cynical but I highly doubt your question is going to spark realizations about human nature and that we will all fix our fatal flaws and live happily ever after.
Real life is rarely so neat.
There are no picture perfect endings in life. The only ending is death, and that is rarely the happily ever after we seek.
Stories are an imperfect representation of what life is like, but maybe that's why we love them. In stories, everything hinges on one climactic moment, a decision that makes or breaks the world as we know it. Rarely are we ever faced with such a choice, and it is doubtful that we would have the strength to make the choices we adore protagonists for making.
Why do we love stories? Because we can be everything we've ever dreamed of being. We can be the heroes we admire and emulate, not knowing that we are the heroes of our own stories.
Why do we love stories? Because we know we are insignificant, and we know that we can be great.
What does this have to do with who I am as a person? Maybe nothing. Maybe everything. I frankly have no idea. This all just sort of...happened. Maybe it is because I too am afraid of my own insignificance. Maybe it is because I, too, want to be great.

No comments:

Post a Comment